Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mrs Wm Robinson 1865 and Elizabeth Robinson Evans - Montreal - 2 photographs





What a find for the family genealogist! I have 2 photographs I believes belongs together. I found them in Michigan in the same box.

One photograph of mother and child is dated 1865. The same year the Civil War ended. On the back is written in ink Mrs Wm Robinson 1865. I can't make our her first name but her first child was Lizzie. Written in pencil is Grandmother of Annie's, Katie's Wilber's children. Photographer Martin Photographist, Cor Craig & Bleury Street, Montreal

The other photograph written in pencil is 'Aunt Lizzie, Elizabeth Robinson aged 16 yrs, After-wards Mrs N.O. Evans.
Martin photographist, Cor Craig & Bleury, Montreal. Field Photographer, St. Catherine St. cor of Peel, Bleury, Montreal

Both are size 2 1\2 x 4 inches. Excellent conditions for their age. These 2 photos are for sale at my Etsy store. Just click on my Restoredmemories.etsy.com link or go to
http://www.etsy.com/listing/49931858/lost-ancestors-mrs-wm-robinson-1865-and

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just ordered these pictures because they are definitely my ancestors! Can you tell me where in Michigan you found them? That may give me a clue to where some of the family is. Also did you purchase the whole box? Maybe there would be other photos with a connection? Thank you for saving this wonderful find and posting it online! Thank you,Cathy,Montreal