Ivan Juh, My Great Grandfather

This is my Great Grandfather Ivan Juh. He lived in Croatia and died in WWI. I know very little about him but I do have some fantastic pictures. This is my favorite. His wife died young also during the great flu epidemic leaving my grandmother and her brother orphans at ages 4 and 6.

In my early days of genealogy research I had no computer, didn't know how to use a computer and certainly didn't have a scanner. My husband loves film cameras and he took excellent photos of photos. When I visit relatives and talk about family history. Most people are very reluctant to let me borrow photos to have them copied. I visited two elderly cousins who just would not let me copy them and they were too disabled to get copies for me. So my husband captured photos with his film camera. They were pleased, I was pleased and we had a great visit.  


Film cameras still have much better quality than digital. The photo on the left was captured by a high quality film camera. After scanning it into my computer with high pixels I have a very good image to work with. This photo is dirty and somewhat faded. Doing a lot of spot and stain removal, using my 'Burn' tool to help with the faded parts, using levels tool to give it better color, contrast and brightness. My Great Grandfather is very grand posing with a very nice background.


Now I just have to find time to add this photo to my large collage photo frame that I purchased about 3 years ago to put all my ancestors in. The frame still hangs on my office wall waiting for me to add my family.....

If you have a photo you would like spruced up and looking cheerier. Please contact me. I have very reasonable rates.


Thank you for taking some time to read this little story of mine. Cheers!

 

Comments

Popular Posts