Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Galetta Bourough or Burrough

Galetta Bourough, a lovely name don't you think? This is how her name is spelled on the back of this photograph I found in an antique store in Michigan. On the front is photographer G. L. Heath with no location. I did some research on the internet finding another photo with G. L. Heath from Hastings Michigan.

On Ancestry.com I found records of "Bess Britton Michigan One-Room Schoolhouse Collection Index"


NameGaletta Burroughs
SchoolAltoft
CountyBarry
TownshipHastings
Page1

Her last name can be spelled any numerous of ways. I did a brief research of her name spelled as Burroughs but did find anything more. I can't tell if this is her maiden name or married name. I will leave the detailed search to her family members. I wouldn't want to take too much fun away from their research......

This photo can be found at my Etsy location Restored Memories

No comments: