My first attempt on retouching a damaged photo.


Before and After

This is my great grandparents, my grandmother is the youngest girl and her sister, my great aunt. This is a photo of a photo my husband took for me on film (yes film not digital) several years ago. I could not take the original to make copies and before the days I had a computer and scanner.
This is my very first touch up with the photo software I had at the time about 4 years ago. I was so excited I could do this. Instantly I was hooked. Family photos have always been interesting to me. Now I have Adobe Photoshop Elements software. It's not as fancy as Photoshop CS4 but it has a lots of neat tools to use.
I will redo this photo later on Elements. But for now I just want to show you my first attempt.

Comments

Bernard said…
Will you be explaining how you did this? I have no idea how to go about it.
Hello Bernard,
The program I used for this picture was 'Photo Explosion Deluxe". I believe I mainly used the cloning tool to fix this photo then color adjustment. I haven't used that software in a long time. Now I have Photoshop Elements software which has more tools. The cloning and healing brush are the tools I use the most to repair scratches, spots and missing parts. Sounds like you are starting out fixing photo.

Popular Posts