Before and after of a very dirty photo

This Etsy customer  honored me with this project. She has this very dirty and grainy photograph of her great great great grandparents. The photo was scanned at very low resolution. She rescanned it better but still low resolutions 96 dpi. So I had this to work with. 
I could remove of the dirty spots. I remove some of the grainy spots but I decided not to remove them all. It's in their faces and clothing too. To remove all the spots would lose detail to her ancestors. To remove from the back ground would make her ancestors look even more grainier. I could clear their faces leaving their facial details. Then repaired the woman's shoulder, sharpen and adjust the contrast. Gave it a sepia tone look. It's much cleaner still leaving the old fashion look. She was very pleased with the results.

Before
After black and white

After with Sepia tone


Comments

Popular Posts