Turning Ordinary into Extraordinary


Before
 A little project for my favorite 
After



 brother-in-law (aka B.I.L.). Taking an ordinary snapshot picture and turning it into an extraordinary portrait. Very simple, doesn't take long and not much effort and you get results that's very pleasing to the eyes. A little cut out here and a little paste on a new back ground there. The hardest part of this project is finding the right background to use. Either you find a photo for a background, maybe alter it a little or a lot, or you create your very own background from scratch. This always takes me a long time to decide. I tried both until I get that 'WOW' inside my head. Then that's the one.

Before

After



This next project was  more of a challenge and very fun. Taking an ordinary photo and being extraordinary creative. Lots of people had their photos turned into magazine covers. This is actually my very first attempt. Totally all from scratch, no borrowing from something. Again cut out and put on a new background and add text for a magazine look. I am pleased and so was my favorite B.I.L.

The man in these photos is my B.I.L.'s youngest brother who is no longer with us.  My B.I.L. talks about his brother frequently and has Tom's photos displayed in his home and office. These will be added to the collection I am sure. Photographs keeps him with us just like he was still here today. Tom is very much loved and missed by his family. Rest in Peace Tom.

Comments

Popular Posts